- Quinte Manufacturers' Association (QMA) (Join the QMA)
The Quinte Manufacturers Association is a regeneration of the former Quinte District Manufacturers Association previously the Quinte District Superintendents’ Association. The Council is comprised of local industry leaders and is a forum for discussing and addressing issues common to all manufacturers in the Greater Bay of Quinte Region. The benefits to the local industry leaders include:
- Forum for networking with neighbouring manufacturing companies
- Common voice to local officials for industry needs and strategic issues
Sharing of expertise and learning from the “best practices” of others between manufacturing operations
- Common purchasing and supply chain opportunities
- Capitalize on economies of scale through multi-company workforce training and skill development opportunities in partnership with the Loyalist Training & Development Centre
- Assist economic development partners in leveraging funding on your behalf by having a structure for action that represents all local industry
- Create a better place to work and live
- Northumberland Manufacturers' Association (NMA) (Join the NMA)
The Northumberland Manufacturers’ Association is a not-for-profit organization that provides services to the manufacturers of Northumberland County.
The NMA offers many innovative and cost-effective opportunities for networking, advocacy, and training and development, helping its members to remain competitive in the global marketplace.
Through strategic partnerships with industry, government, and other community stakeholders, the NMA encourages and facilitates its members’ transition to High Performance Manufacturing.
- Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (CME) (Join the CME)
Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters is Canada's largest trade and industry association.
They represent businesses in all sectors of manufacturing and exporting activity across Canada. Their mandate is to promote the competitiveness of Canadian manufacturers and the success of Canada's goods and services exporters in markets around the world.
They focus on the issues that are most critical to their members - manufacturing competitiveness, US business opportunities, international markets, people and skills, energy and the environment.
- Employment Ontario’s Employer site
(with links to hiring employees, training and apprenticeships, downsizing and layoffs and forecasting labour)
- Work Sharing is an adjustment program designed to help employers and workers avoid temporary layoffs when there is a reduction in the normal level of business activity that is beyond the control of the employer
- Quinte United Immigrant Services delivers direct, essential services to newcomers including reception, orientation, translation/interpretation, referral to community resources, solution focused counselling, general information and employment-related services to meet the needs of newly arrived immigrants any time after their arrival in Canada up to the time they become Canadian citizens.
- Military Family Resource Centre is available to assist military families including being a liaison with community groups & organizations.
- If your company has an ex patriot locating to this area the MRC can contact other local manufacturers to see if they have a person from the home country or region who may wish to help with the transition. If you would like assistance please contact the MRC with your needs.
Manufacturing Publications & Websites
- Canadian Manufacturing provides up to date information on news and products that can influence the manufacturing sector. Also provides sub-links to sector specific manufacturing websites ( plastics, metalworking and business to business selling).
- Statistics Canada: Manufacturing statistics on Canada’s manufacturing sector that can be categorized by region and product.
- Canadian Trade Index an industrial purchasing directory listing all of the companies in Canada by products sold.
- Green Supply Chain Management a publication provided by Industry Canada outlining the steps taken to implement a green initiative on each stage of the distribution chain.
o Logistics and Transportation Services
LEAN Publications & Websites
- The Lean Edge is a relatively new and interesting online resource. Presented as "a dialogue between management thinkers and lean authors" it is full of short articles and responses to questions by lean luminaries such as Jeffrey Liker, Art Smalley, Daniel Jones, and Stephen Spear.